Do You Need a Probate, Administration or Affidavit of Heirship?

Do you need to probate the estate of a loved one? The answer to this question can range from “definitely yes” to “definitely no.” There are a variety of methods for estate settlement depending on factors such as whether there was a will, the size of the estate, the structure of the family and identity of the heirs, the types of property involved, and even banking or brokerage requirements.

We can help you evaluate your specific situation and determine if you need traditional probate, muniment of title, administration, affidavit of heirship, or even a family settlement agreement.

We can assist you in determining whether a probate is needed and help you clear title to the property at issue. If a probate or administration is needed, we can also provide step-by-step guidance to the executor or administrator. We can also prepare other documents you may need such as heir agreements or affidavits of heirship.

All probate questions begin with an initial consultation in our office, where we can evaluate your needs and provide a simple, reasonable plan for accomplishing your goals.

If you would like to schedule a free consultation, please call our office at (254) 933-4409 or schedule online at: Please note that probate services are limited to Bell, Milam, Falls and Coryell counties.

Bell statue